At All-Star Orthopaedics, we pride ourselves on offering you treatment delivered by some of the most respected orthopaedic surgeons in the Dallas, Fort Worth, Irving, Flower Mound and Southlake, Texas region. Our doctors have been educated and trained in some of the most prestigious medical institutions in the world. Many of them have contributed research and articles to major medical journals, and have served as team physicians and assistants to a variety of professional and high school sports organizations. Learn more about our team by visiting the sections below.
- All-Star Orthopaedic Surgeons
- All-Star Physician Assistants
- When to See an Orthopaedic Surgeon
- Choosing an Orthopaedic Surgeon
- Our Orthopaedic Specialties
Meet Our Orthopaedic Surgeons
Please click on the following links to learn more about our experienced orthopaedic surgeons:
- Mark S. Greenberg, M.D.
- Michael K. Hahn, M.D.
- Kevin M. Honig, M.D.
- W. Grear Hurt, M.D.
- Thomas M. Schott, M.D.
- Brian E. Straus, M.D.
- Stephen J. Timon, M.D.
- Bing S. Tsay, M.D.
Meet Our Physician Assistants
- Michelle Grisonichi, MPAS, PA-C
- Jason Newton, MPAS, PA-C
- Julie Reeves, MPAS, PA-C
- Natali Thornburg, MPAS, PA-C
- Eric Heerschap, MPAS, PA-C
- Shannon Skinner, MPAS, PA-C
When Should I See an Orthopaedic Surgeon?
Orthopaedic surgeons specialize in treating serious conditions that occur in the musculoskeletal system, which is made up of the bones, joints, muscles, tendons, and ligaments. As these conditions develop, they can affect one’s ability to perform everyday movements, participate in certain activities, and even sleep. While mild musculoskeletal ailments may resolve on their own, more serious conditions should be evaluated to relieve pain, address functional issues, and avoid permanent damage. The most common concerns that may require orthopaedic surgical care include:
- Chronic pain in a ligament or tendon lasting more than 12 weeks
- Trauma to ligaments sustained from a sports injury or severe accident
- Sprains and fractures (foot, ankle, etc.) with swelling and pain beyond 48 hours
- Limited range of motion in joints such as the knees, hips, and shoulders
- Extreme or debilitating arthritis pain in areas like the feet, ankles, spine, or fingers
The surgeons at All-Star Orthopaedics have dedicated their careers to treating patients with the most trusted techniques and latest technology. If you are suffering from any orthopaedic discomfort, please contact us today to schedule a visit or a same-day emergency appointment.
How Can I Choose the Best Orthopaedic Surgeon?
Orthopaedic conditions can be very personal and complex, so it’s important to put forth research efforts to find the best orthopaedic surgeon that is right for you. Your primary doctor will likely be able to provide a referral list, but you may need help choosing from those options as well. When selecting an orthopaedic surgeon, you may want to consider:
- Board Certification – Choosing a doctor that is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery is an excellent way to verify they have the necessary specialized training, skills, and experience to diagnose and treat musculoskeletal conditions.
- Education and Credentials – Review their academic qualifications, residency experience, fellowship participation, professional references, awards, clinical practice history, etc.
- Orthopaedic Specialties – This can range from general orthopaedics to joint replacement, sports medicine, upper or lower extremities, and more.
- Interviews – Patients will have the opportunity to speak with the doctor directly, including questions about their specific orthopaedic condition and the doctor’s expertise in that specialty.
- Patient Reviews – Hear about other patient experiences with the doctor as well as how the medical practice, team, and staff operates.
Our highly qualified team of board-certified orthopaedic surgeons, doctors, physician assistants, and physical therapists welcomes you to explore All-Star Orthopaedics for any of your current or future orthopaedic needs.
Specialties at All-Star Orthopaedics
Our orthopaedic surgeons specialize in an array of orthopaedic care and procedures, including:
General orthopaedics covers a wide range of common and complex conditions and diseases. Our experienced surgeons are extensively trained in the leading treatments for arthritis, tendonitis, gout, various kinds of trauma, joint replacement, and other concerns and treatment options.
Foot and Ankle Surgery
The many bones, tendons, and muscles of the feet are subject to considerable wear and tear and pressures on a daily basis. Our foot and ankle specialists can identify, diagnose, and address conditions from sprains to tendonitis with care, compassion, and skill.
Athletes need special care and attention. Our sports medicine specialists focus on treating the injuries and conditions that can occur during sports and recreational activities. Fractures, knee and shoulder injuries, muscle strains, and dislocations are just a few of the issues they can help resolve.
With some of the most delicate tissues in the body, the hands, wrists, and elbows can experience many kinds of diseases, injuries, and pain. Our orthopaedic hand surgeons can help treat arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, general discomfort, and deformations using innovative minimally invasive techniques.
Spinal Conditions and Treatment
Back and neck pain are some of the most common complaints for patients in America. Our skilled medical team offers a conservative approach foremost to address spinal concerns, and we are dedicated to reducing pain and restoring function using the most advanced techniques available.
Wear and tear, injury, and disease can leave joints stiff, painful, and difficult to move. Joint replacement from our state-of-the-art practice can help restore mobility so patients can enjoy many of their favorite activities again.
We are committed to offering you the best available treatment, and we will only recommend surgery once other treatment options have been exhausted. Please contact All-Star Orthopaedics to learn more about orthopaedic concerns and available treatments or to schedule a consultation today.