Why Schedule an Orthopaedic Surgery Post-Deductible?
As the year winds down, many people are focused on celebrating the holidays with friends and families, and may push off appointments and procedures into the new year. However, if you have met your health insurance deductible, there are three significant benefits to scheduling an orthopaedic procedure before the holidays start picking up.
- Financial Savings
One of the top benefits of scheduling an orthopaedic surgery before the new year starts is the significant cost savings. A health insurance deductible is the amount you are required to pay out of pocket for medical care services before your insurance plan starts to pay for procedures. Once you’ve met your deductible, your insurance covers a larger portion of your healthcare costs. By scheduling your orthopaedic surgery or consultation in early October, you are less likely to have to pay as much out of pocket.
- Better Availability
Since health insurance deductibles reset every calendar year, most people’s health care deductibles are met around the same time, and time slots for appointments can fill up quickly. If you want an appointment date and time that works better for your schedule, set up your orthopaedic consultation and surgery as soon as you meet your deductible. Wait times increase further into October, so the longer you wait to schedule the consultation and procedure, the longer it may take to get an appointment. It could also be beneficial for saving on post-surgery physical therapy and recovery, if needed.
- Timely Relief and Recovery
Timely treatment is important for orthopaedic issues, so the problem does not continue to cause pain and discomfort. Scheduling your procedure sooner rather than later can help you to get on the road to recovery and potentially schedule post-operative treatment and therapy in the same calendar year.
Here are four steps to take advantage of these benefits:
- Review Your Insurance Plan: This is important so that you understand your health care insurance deductible, co-pays, and co-insurance, and choose an orthopaedic surgeon that accepts your plan.
- Consult with an Orthopaedic Surgeon: Reach out to a top-rated orthopaedic office to get guidance and discuss treatment options.
- Stay Informed: Keep track of your healthcare expenses and review your insurance statements regularly to monitor your progress toward meeting your health care insurance deductible and configuring out of pocket expenses.
- Schedule Early: Once you’ve chosen a route, schedule your procedure as early as possible, ensuring you don’t get scheduled after the new calendar year starts and your health care deductible resets.
In conclusion, scheduling your orthopaedic procedures as soon as your healthcare insurance deductible has been met is a smart choice that can lead to huge financial and health benefits. There are several factors that can delay the process, such as physicians being booked for weeks out, the amount of time to get insurance authorization, as well as pre-operative medical clearance for most patients. Make the most of your healthcare coverage by scheduling an appointment today with any of our amazing Dallas-Fort Worth orthopaedic surgeons at All-Star Orthopaedics.